Ever have one of those days? One where you want to just chill, do some light housework, cook a nice meal, and then cozy up on the couch with a good book and relax. I did…I had one of those days yesterday, in my head. It’s what I pictured my day off being like. Not my reality though. *sigh* I guess it wasn’t meant to be. More pressing matters came up. Big decision had to be made…yes, right away. Discussions, phone calls, and research done. Decision finally made but by that time it was late. Not to mention we were drained. Our own fault for putting off something that needed to be done. So, we used our day off to do it. So, no blog yesterday. I really didn’t feel like it and didn’t have much nice to say. -_^ It was one of those days where I hated being a “grownup.” Know what I mean? (Ok, one good thing came from it all…family can really come through when you need them! Thanks lil’ bro.)
On the bright side, it’s a 4-day work week! I could do this permanently…even if it meant working longer hours on those 4 days.
Another bright side, I got these today from HB!
Such a sweet thought. 🙂 His guy friends asked him, “Wha’dya do?” LoL No, he didn’t do anything, he was just being nice and getting me a little something. Ahhhh…
Then there’s this:
Not sure who left it on my desk but it was cute and made me smile! I wasn’t having a bad day by any means but these 2 things certainly ensured it was a good one! How can you have a bad day with chocolates and rainbows?
Here’s a little something to make your day bright! It’s a recipe I adapted from a Pinterest site I saw. It is not Paleo or GF but I did manage to make it a little bit better. The addition of coconut flour and loss of some sugar makes it more “healthy” for a quick bread. The addition of Nutella…well, that just makes it taste super duper yummy! Sugars be damned! HB has raved about this recipe and told me again last night that it’s “the best bread” I’ve ever made.
Nutella Banana Coconut Bread
1 ½ c flour
½ c coconut flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¼ c salted butter
½ c organic sugar
¼ c maple syrup (or you can sub ¼ c organic brown sugar or honey)
4 large eggs
1 c mashed ripe bananas (about 2-3 medium), the browner the better!
½ c coconut milk (can use dairy milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ c Nutella, heaping cup… more is better, especially to lick off the spoon!
Coconut oil, for greasing pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan**.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer (or work those muscles and use a whisk like me) at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in banana, milk and vanilla.
4. Add flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated (don’t over mix).
5. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and then lick the spoon. Sigh with pleasure. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir to combine. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together.
6. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out mostly clean and top has a nice crust. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes before you can’t resist slicing into that deliciousness!
** My first try was in 2, 8×4 pans and they overflowedeth! Still came out good but had some spillage. This rises very nicely so if the pan looks full either place it on a cookie sheet to catch possible overage or divide into 2 smaller pans and check after 40-45 minutes of baking.
So, can you actually open a jar of Nutella and not stick your finger or a spoon in it for a taste? I can’t! If you can, then you’re just weird! Just sayin’.