WIAW-What I Ate Wednesday(this was actually my Tuesday meals):
Breakfast- Fage Greek Yogurt with Blueberry and 3 pumpkin GF donuts (still working on that recipe), 2 cups of coffee…still loving the Green Mountain Vermont Country Blend and Lake and Lodge k-cups! Add a little sweet cream creamer and a truvia…de-lish.
Lunch- leftover Zuppa Toscana…Bre style, handful of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips
Dinner- Bacon wrapped chicken, sweet potato mash, corn on the cob, and pineapple chunks
Dessert- dark chocolate almonds (from HB), 3 more GF pumpkin donuts
So, I was at the gym last night getting in a quick workout. Our gym has TVs in multiple areas and are always on. What do people watch at the gym? I find it funny really. At our gym it’s either sports/news or cooking shows! I’m not sure why it struck me this time…when I thought about it that’s what’s normally on. I suppose I just really paid attention due to what was being made. The Barefoot Contessa, making pecan bars dipped in chocolate. O.M.G…yum! My tummy growled a few times. How wrong is that?! I’m in there kicking my butt working out all the while teasing myself with food porn! Wrong on so.many.levels! I think most of what I wiped off the machine after I was done was drool.
The TV just informed me that we only have 75 shopping days until Christmas! Whatchya getting’ me? 😉 Neiman Marcus just released their Christmas catalogue…just sayin’. I know, I know but a girl can wish, right?
Bacon Wrapped Chili-Lime Chicken
2 pkgs chicken tenderloins (approx 14 pieces)
1 pkg bacon (approx 14 pieces)-I use real bacon, nitrate free
Organic brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line large cookie sheet or baking pan with aluminum foil. (easy clean up!)
2. Remove chicken from package and place on large plate or cutting board. Sprinkle with chili powder, lime, pepper, and salt (to taste) on both sides.
3. Wrap each piece of chicken with a slice of uncooked bacon and place on baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken. (If you run out of bacon you can cut a piece in half to wrap some of the smaller pieces of chicken and stretch the bacon out.)
4. Lightly sprinkle each piece of bacon wrapped chicken with brown sugar and pat/rub in. Turn over and repeat on other side.
5. Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip bacon chicken and cook another 10-20 minutes. (Watch carefully and remove when the bacon is brown and chicken cooked through.)
6. Serve it up with some mashed sweet potato, pineapple, and veggie.
7. Try to keep your dogs from stealing it off the stove/your plate! This stuff smells serious good!!