Can you believe Christmas is just around the corner? (Or just around the weekend!) If you haven’t gotten all those presents then you best get to it! Well, that is if we are all still here tomorrow. 😉
Personally, I believe this is another Y2K type event, or non-event as it were. No one knows when the end will come. All we can do is appreciate the time we have now, love like there is not tomorrow, and remember to enjoy the moments.
So, I spent most of the morning grocery shopping for our Christmas dinner and all afternoon baking, again! Triple Cherry Snow Cap Cookies and Biscoitos (Portuguese tea biscuits). Recipes to come. The Biscoitos took forever! The dough for this recipe fills my largest bowl…picture the biggest popcorn bowl ever and that’s what it fits in. The recipe makes approximately 200 cookies…that’s an estimate. I counted my last few batches and multiplied it by the amount of times I remembered opening the oven door. (About 100 times.) 😉 Actually I am sure it is close to 200, maybe more. I was rolling for a few hours…my fingers got quite the workout.
Ok, all that to say I didn’t really come up with a post for today…lol. Therefore I am going to fill out this handy-dandy survey! Let the games begin:
- Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? Closed, if there’s a boogeyman in there leaving the door closed keeps him locked inside…cuz I said so.
- Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? Well, yeah. You never know when you might need to throw an overnight bag together…plus, they’re small enough for getting through the airport screening.
- Have you ever stolen a street sign before? Stolen one…no. Why would I? I took a picture of one named after me…ran up a hill in the rain to get it too.
- Do you have a calendar in your room? Not in my room but in the kitchen. Need to find a new one for 2013.
- What’s your plan for the day? My day is almost done…*see above*
- Are you reading any books right now? No, I’ve been slacking on my brain upkeep.
- Do you ever count your steps when you walk? Most definitely! Especially walking down the stairs with a huge basket full of laundry…13 steps down the long part.
- Have you ever peed in the woods? Unfortunately. You see what had happened was…my dad *said* there was a port-a-potty close by the camp site where we were staying. Fishing…it’ll be “fun” he said. Dip netting in Alaska=rushing water, tons of mosquitoes, and the possibility of bears. Not fun for a teen girl, or her mother. Yes, I am “high maintenance”…I must have a bathroom that doesn’t include twigs sticking me in the bum while mosquitoes attack the bright side of the moon. Anywho, had to go…no port-a-potty in sight, so woods. (Later we would drive by the bathroom…not more than 1/2 mile away. Grrrr) Yes, Dad, fond memories. NOT!
- Do you still watch cartoons? Occasionally. The boys still watch them sometimes…they sucked me in to The Last Airbender series.
- Whats your favorite love movie? How to Lose A Guy in Ten Days…funny stuff!
- What is your favorite food/cuisine? That’s hard…I love just about any cuisine. Anything with beef is alright with me. Or chocolate, of course!
- What movies could you watch over and over and still love? “Tis the season for The Santa Clause…love all three and watch them every year! Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Dirty Dancing…this list could get long!
- Last person you hugged/kissed? My oldest son…he was sucking up.
- Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? No, period.
- When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? Recently, I did a few Christmas cards.
- Can you change the oil on a car? Yep, sure can…my Dad was adamant I knew some basic car care. I can change a tire, check my spark plugs, swap out windshield wipers, and check fluid levels.
- Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Nope.
- Best thing to eat for breakfast? Coffee (yeah, I know your don’t “eat it.”) with some greek yogurt.
- What is your usual bedtime? Between 10-11pm…depends on what’s on TV, agenda for the next day, and workout intensity of that day (read tired.)
- Sing in the car? Of course!
It’s almost Friday! (Thanks to Morgan at Quite the Blog for hosting this hop!) Weekend and holiday coming up! Are you ready?